Thursday, March 25, 2010

Multiplying Rabbits

A while back, I had posted that I wanted to increase the size of my rabbitry, but that I was going to hold off since it wasn't looking like it would be in the budget. Oh, how things can get so twisted in my little world.

Yesterday, I got an email from someone that I had bought some of my breeding stock from. She is moving and in a hurry to sell out. She said she is offering some great deals, though I haven't gotten ahold of her yet to find out what those deals are. Since I would like to sell of my Californians and strictly deal with New Zealands, I am definitely going to find out what she's offering. I also know that once her rabbits go, she will be getting rid of her equipment as well.

I did some looking on Craigslist again today (ok, I look every day) and found another shed. This one is a 6'x8' for a steal! I called, and hope they will return my call soon. I have 7 available cages at the moment and if I sell the Cals off that gives me 4 more. If I'm very frugal with space, I should be able to fit 12 cages into that space. I don't like the idea of them being that cramped though (or having to triple stack), so there is the possibility of using the bigger shed that I'm picking up for the chickens and using the smaller 'going to the birds'.

In any case, it looks like I will be increasing the size of my rabbitry. How much depends on the deals she is offering and whether the shed I found this morning is still available. If we want to get really technical about the whole thing, it also depends on what Chris has to say about it, too . I didn't get his trademark eye-roll when I mentioned it last night, so I don't think it should be too much of a problem.

Take Care and God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. Okay I think my comment didnt go through!... Anyway I said... Woohoo!! lol I love Craigslist! You Have to check it frequently or you dont see the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I have gotten so many good things off of there.

    ReplyDelete