Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A new blog...and no idea where to begin. Maybe a small introduction and some of what I'm all about. My name is Paula and I'm living southern Oregon on 6 acres with my wonderful husband and three terrific daughters that we are in the process of adopting. We are working hard to become more self-sufficient and let our land work for us, rather than working for it. Before I really get started, I should mention that we are not homesteading because it is the 'green' thing to do. We are doing it because we want to be closer to nature, eat healthier, save money and enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that we've done it ourselves. Anything 'green' that results is just a wonderful byproduct.

It is the beginning of a new year and I have so many projects to get working on around our small homestead. I intend to set up a pen for 3 pigs, a coop for about 18 chickens, quail cages, and an expansion of my already existing rabbitry. There are several other projects waiting for me, but those are on my must-do list before spring gets here.

We are also determined to home school our daughters, but must have approval from DHS since their adoption isn't finalized. The moment we get approval, or our adoption finalizes, we will be pulling them from the grip of the public school system. Where this will put us as far as my must-do list...we'll just have to wait and see, but it is certainly what is best for our family.

God bless!

1 comment: